Located near Canyon Road in Morgantown, the Agronomy Farm is comprised of 190 acres (including 30 acres of woodland) and has implemented a detailed soil conservation plan that includes contour strips, drop boxes, diversion ditches and grass waterways.
- Manager’s residence
- 1,360 square-foot state-of-the-art pesticide storage and handling facility
- Two storage buildings for machinery and general storage totaling 6,500 square feet
- 6,000 square-foot office and shop building
- 1,000 bushel capacity corn storage crib.
- Forage crop genetics and breeding to improve yield and quality
- Biological control of multiflora rose
- Mites affecting plants and honey bees
- Control of non-point source pollution from land application of wastes
- Field crop variety testing
Additional research projects include stand longevity, waste products, application rates, tillage systems, acid mine drainage, sludge and oil degradation in soil.