Saturday, Dec. 16, 2023
Davis College students who graduate in May 2023 or August 2023 are invited to participate in the College's commencement ceremony at 10 a.m. Saturday, Dec.16, 2023 at the WVU Coliseum.
All students who plan to participate in the ceremony must RSVP online by Dec. 9, 2023.
Important InformationPlease keep the following information in mind as you make your plans:
- On Dec. 16, graduates must report to the Basketball Practice Facility to check-in and receive instructions for line-up.
- Tickets are NOT required and there are no restrictions on the number of guests a graduate may bring. The ceremony will last approximately two hours.
- Free parking is available at the Coliseum and the Canady Creative Arts Center. There will be parking staff and University Police officers stationed to help direct you to the nearest parking area.
- Graduates are required to wear caps and gowns. Regalia is available for purchase online from Herff Jones or in person from the WVU Bookstore.
- All graduates who have earned hoods will be hooded. Hoods will be carried in, draped over the left arm. Doctoral candidates will be hooded by a faculty member of their choice or a WVU administrator. Master’s candidates will be hooded by their division director or WVU administrator.
- Latin honor cords will be distributed by individual colleges prior to commencement.
- Diplomas for December 2023 graduates will be mailed after all grades are finalized and certified by the Office of the University Registrar.
- Graduates needing accessibility services should contact their accessibility specialist.
- WVU has contracted with GradImages to provide quality graduation photos of each student. Proofs will be emailed to the student within 72 hours of the ceremony.
- Look for Commencement volunteers wearing WVU lanyards if you have questions. Volunteers will be stationed at information kiosks at the Coliseum before, during and after events.
- Questions? Contact the Office of University Events at email@example.com
Graduate students: Your hood and tassel are the same color.
|Agriculture, Natural Resources and Design||Maize|
|Agricultural and Extension Education||Maize|
|Agricultural and Resource Economics||Maize|
|Animal and Food Science||Maize|
|Animal and Nutritional Sciences||Maize|
|Applied and Environmental Microbiology||Maize|
|Biochemistry||Maize or Yellow|
|Design and Merchandising||Maroon|
|Energy Land Management||Russett|
|Environmental and Energy Resources Management||Russett|
|Environmental and Natural Resources Economics||Maize|
|Environmental, Soil and Water Sciences||Maize|
|Fashion, Dress and Merchandising||Maroon|
|Forest Resource Science||Russett|
|Forest Resources Management||Russett|
|Genetics and Developmental Biology||Maize|
|Human and Community Development||Maize|
|Human Nutrition and Foods||Maize|
|Natural Resource Economics||Maize|
|Nutritional and Food Science||Maize|
|Recreation, Parks and Tourism Resources||Russett|
|Wildlife and Fisheries Resources||Russett|
|Wood Science and Technology||Russett|
For complete details on Commencement weekend activities, visit WVU Commencement.