WVU's December Commencement ceremonies are just around the corner! The Davis College will be participating in the 2 p.m. ceremony on Fri., Dec. 15, at the Coliseum. Here you'll find need-to-know information surrounding the event.
Reception for GraduatesPrior to the ceremony, the college
will be hosting a reception from 10-11:30 a.m. in the Percival Hall Lobby.
All graduates, their guests, faculty and staff are invited to attend. A light
brunch will be served. If you plan on attending, please fill out the RSVP form
Important InformationPlease keep the following information in mind as you make your plans:
- On December 15, graduates must report to the Coliseum's 2nd Level Country Roads (Red) Gate by 1:00 p.m. to check-in and receive instructions for line-up. The processional begins at 2:00 p.m.
- Tickets are NOT required and there are no restrictions on the number of guests a graduate may bring. The ceremony will last approximately two hours.
- Graduates are required to wear caps and gowns. Regalia is available for purchase online from Herff Jones or in person from the WVU Bookstore.
- Doctoral candidates will be hooded onstage by a faculty member of their choice or a WVU administrator. Master’s candidates will not be hooded on stage and should wear their hoods to the ceremony.
- Diplomas will be mailed after all grades are finalized and certified by the Office of the University Registrar.
- To arrange accommodations for graduates or guests with disabilities, please visit Accessibility Services.
- GradImages has been contracted to provide quality graduation photos of each student. Proofs will be emailed to the student within 48 hours of the ceremony.
- Questions? Contact the Office of University Events at Graduation@mail.wvu.edu or 304-293-7132.
Davis College Tassel Colors
For complete details on Commencement weekend activities, visit WVU Commencement.