Professor of Entomology
Dr. Yong-Lak Park earned both a bachelor of science and a master of science degree in Agricultural Biology (emphasis entomology) from Seoul National University, Korea. His doctorate in entomology is from Iowa State University. Dr Park’s areas of expertise are: integrated pest management, agricultural and forest entomology, and geospatial technology and spatial database management system.
- Lee, W., R. Guidetti, M. Cesari, T. D. Gariepy, Y.-L. Park, and Chang-Gyu Park. 2018. Genetic diversity of Halyomorpha halys (Hemiptera, Pentatomidae) in Korea and comparison with COI sequence datasets from East Asia, Europe, and North America. Florida Entomologist 101: 49-54.
- Morrison III, W. R., B. R. Blaauw, B. D. Short, A. L. Nielsen, J. C. Bergh, G. Krawczyk, Y‐L. Park, B. Butler, A. Khrimian, and T. C. Leskey. 2018. Successful management of Halyomorpha halys (Hemiptera: Pentatomidae) in commercial apple orchards with an attract‐and‐kill strategy. Pest management science. 75: 104-114.
- Lee, E., Y. He, and Y.-L. Park. 2018. Effects of climate change on the phenology of Osmia cornifrons: implications for population management. Climatic Change 150: 1-13.
- Park, Y.-L., S. Gururajan, H. Thistle, R. Chandran, and R. Reardon. 2018. Aerial release of Rhinoncomimus latipes (Coleoptera: Curculionidae) to control Persicaria perfoliata (Polygonaceae) using an unmanned aerial system. Pest Management Science. 74: 141-148.
- McKinney, M., J. J. Ahn, and Y.-L. Park. 2017. Thermal biology of Osmia cornifrons (Hymenoptera: Megachilidae) eggs and larvae. Journal of Apicultural Research 56(4): 421-429.
- Turcotte, R. M., A. Lagalante, J. Jones, F. Cook, T. Elliott, A. A. Billings, and Y.-L. Park. 2017. Spatial and temporal distribution of imidacloprid within the crown of eastern hemlock. Journal of Insect Science, 17(1) doi:10.1093/jisesa/iew120.