Assistant Professor of Resource Economics and Management
Suhyun Jung is an applied microeconomist with research interests in agriculture, environment, and development. His research addresses sustainability challenges such as sustainable agricultural production that mitigates poverty and promotes environmental conservation, effective environmental governance, and sustainable management of ecosystem services. His research has been published in the Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Journal of Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, Ecological Economics, Science, Environmental Research Letters among others. Before joining WVU, he worked as a Research Fellow at the School for Environment and Sustainability at the University of Michigan after receiving his Ph.D. from the University of Minnesota.
- Jung, S., Liao, C., Agrawal, A., Brown, D. G. 2019. “Evidence on Wealth-Improving Effects of Forest Concessions in Liberia” Journal of Association of Environmental and Resource Economists 6(5): 961-1000.
- Jung, S., Polasky, S. 2018. “Partnerships to Prevent Deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon” Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 92: 498-516.
- Jung, S. 2018. “Evidence on Land Deals’ Impacts on Local Livelihoods” Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability 32: 90-95.
- Rasmussen, L. V., Jung, S., Brites, A. D., Watkins, C., Agrawal, A. 2017. “Understanding Smallholders’ Intended Deforestation Behavior Following Environmental Registry in Brazil” Environmental Research Letters 12: 094001.
- Jung, S., Rasmussen, L. V., Watkins, C., Newton, P., Agrawal, A. 2017. “Brazil’s National Environmental Registry of Rural Properties: Implications for Rural Livelihoods” Ecological Economics 136: 53-61.
- Liao, C., Jung, S., Brown, D. G., Agrawal, A. 2016. “Insufficient Research on Land Grabbing” Science 353(6295): 131.