Director of Renewable Materials and Bioenergy Research Center
Associate Director for Research
Professor of Wood Science & Technology
Dr. Jingxin Wang is Professor and Associate Director for Research, and the Director
of Renewable Materials and Bioenergy Research Center in the Division of Forestry
and Natural Resources at West Virginia University, USA. He received his degrees in
Forest/Mechanical Engineering from Northeast Forestry University, China. He received
a M.S. in Computer Science from West Virginia University, and a Ph.D. in Forest Resource
Management from the University of Georgia, USA. He has taught forest and biomass
harvesting and analysis, computing applications in forest and natural resources for
both undergraduate and graduate students for more than 20 years. His research interests
include biomass energy and bioproducts, forest carbon sequestration and optimization,
computer simulation and system modeling, and forest ecosystem management and climate
change. Dr. Wang has authored or coauthored 150 refereed papers, and 12 books or
book chapters. Currently, he is a leading PI for several USDA and USDOE biomass energy
and bioproducts projects. He has served as an editorial board member and associate
editor for four international journals and adjunct professor for four Chinese universities/institutions.
He is an active member in six international professional societies. Dr. Wang received
the prestigious 2016 Benedum Distinguished Scholar Award at West Virginia University.
- Liu. W. J. Wang, D. Bhattacharyya, Y. Jiang, and D. DeVallance. 2017. Economic and Environmental analyses of Coal and Biomass to Liquid Fuels. Energy 141 (2017) 76-86. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2017.09.047.
- Liu, W., J. Wang, T. Richard, D. Hartley, S. Spatari, and T. Volk. 2017. Economic and Life Cycle Assessments of Biomass Utilization for Bioenergy Products. Biofuels, Bioproducts and Biorefining. 10.1002/bbb.1770.
- Ma, Y, W. Tan, K. Wang, J. Wang, J. Jiang, and J. Xu. 2017. An insight into the selective conversion of bamboo biomass to ethyl glycosides, ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering. 2017, 5, 5880−5886. DOI: 10.1021/acssuschemeng.7b00618.
- Wang, H., S. Liu, J. Wang, D. Li, Z. Shi, Y. Liu, J. Xu, P. Hong, H. Yu, Z. Zhao; A. Ming, L. Lu, D. Cai. 2017. Contrasting responses of heterotrophic and root-dependent respiration to soil warming in a subtropical plantation. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology. 247 (2017) 221-228. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.agrformet.2017.07.025.
- Yu, Z., J. Wang, S. Liu, J. Rentch, P. Sun, C. Lu. 2017. Global gross primary productivity and water use efficiency changes under drought stress. Environmental Research Letters. 12 (2017) 014016, https://doi.org/10.1088/1748-9326/aa5258.