Associate Professor of Resource Economics and Management
Extension Specialist – Agriculture and Natural Resources
Dr. Doolarie Singh-Knights earned her bachelor of science degree from the University of the West Indies in management studies, a master of science degree from West Virginia University in production economics, and a doctorate from West Virginia University in natural resource economics. As an Associate Professor and an Extension Specialist in agribusiness economics and management, Dr. Singh-Knights' professional goal is to contribute to the development of sustainable agricultural production systems through research, teaching and extension education. This goal is based on the premise that the viability of the agricultural sector of a nation and the survival and growth of its farming population depends greatly on proper design and implementation of relevant research and the timely dissemination of research findings to the farming community and students in the agricultural sciences.
- Knights, M., A. Redhead, and D. Singh-Knights (2018). The Relationship between Anti-Mullerian Hormone (AMH) and Fertility and Profitability in Ewes (In Preparation).
- Carr, S., D. Singh-Knights, and Knights, M. (2018). Effect of Nutritional and Progesterone Supplementation on Fertility and Profitability of Ewe Lambs Systems (In Preparation).
- Nabers, A., Singh-Knights, D. and Knights, M. (2018). Effect of Varying Concentrations of Progesterone Pre-treatment on Fertility in Ewes (In Preparation).
- Knights, M., and Singh-Knights, D. (2016). Use of Controlled Internal Drug Releasing (CIDR) Devices to Control Reproduction in Goats: A Review: Animal Science Journal. 87:1084-1089
- Rastle-Simpson, S.L., D’Souza, K.N.D., Singh-Knights, D., Baptiste, Q., and Knights, M. (2016). Effect of system of lamb rearing and season on early postpartum fertility of ewes and growth performance of lambs in Katahdin sheep. Journal of Animal Physiology and Animal Nutrition: Version of Record online: 23 JUL 2016, DOI: 10.1111/jpn.12551
National Conferences and Webinar Presentations
- Singh-Knights, D. (2018). Whole Farm Risk Assessment and Action Planning for the Agritourism Operator - Tools for Building an Effective Risk Management Action Plan. Invited Workshop Presentation in Proceedings of the 33rd Annual NAFDMA-Farmers’ Inspired Annual National Conference, Los Angeles California, Feb. 1-7, 2018.
- Singh-Knights, D., and M. Knights (2018). Enhancing productivity of sheep through greater access and use of genetically evaluated breeding stock. Poster Presentation in Proceedings of the Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education National Conference (Our Farms, Our Future Conference - The Next 30 Years of Sustainable Agriculture), St. Louis, Missouri, April 2018.
- Singh-Knights, D., M. Recklin, and O. Adebisi (2018). The Mountain State Maple Days – A Model of Cluster Development and Collaboration in the Agritourism Supply Chain. Presentation at the 2018 Annual National Association of Community Development Extension Professionals (NACDEP) Conference, Cleveland, Ohio, June 10-13, 2018.
- Adebisi, O., and D. Singh-Knights (2018). Agritourism Micro-cluster Networks as a Catalyst for Promoting Sustainable Community Development. Poster presented at the 76th Agricultural Professionals Conference, Tuskegee, AL, December 2-4, 2018.
- Knights, M. and D. Singh-Knights (2018). Approaches to Enhancing Lambing Rate from Out of Season Breeding. National Webinar for the American Sheep Industry (ASI) Association, Dec. 11th, 2018.
- Singh-Knights, D., D. Bailey, B. Brabham, K. Cox, and A. Straight (2017). Best Practices in Extension Risk Management Programming for Social Entrepreneurs. Poster presentation in Proceedings of the 2017 Extension Risk Management Education National Conference, Cincinnati, OH, April 11-12, 2017.
- Liedl B. E., D. Singh-Knights and M. Knights (2017). Lessons from the WV Sustainable Agriculture Needs Assessment Survey. Presentation in Proceedings of the 17th Biennial 1890 Research Symposium, Atlanta, Georgia, April 1-4, 2017.
- Wolinski, L., D. Singh-Knights, Cannella, M., and S. Wilmer (2017). Whole Farm Tour – Hands-on Farm Financial Management Education. Farm Tour and Presentation in Proceedings of the National Farm Viability Conference, Albany, NY, May 22-24, 2017.
- Singh-Knights, D., B. Brabham, D. Bailey and J. Richmond (2016). The ‘West Virginia Agritourism Initiative’ – Business Planning and Risk Management Education for Stakeholders in the Agritourism Supply Chain. Poster presentation at the 2016 NACAA AM/PIC Annual Meeting, Little Rock, AR, July 24th - 28th, 2016.