Associate Professor of Agricultural and Extension Education
Dr. Deborah “Debby” Boone is a Professor in Agricultural and Extension Education in the Davis College of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Design. Dr. Boone teaches Group Organization and Leadership, Principles of Extension, Program Development in Community Education and Program Evaluation in Education as well as supervising professional field experiences and student teachers. Dr. Boone earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Home Economics Education, a Master’s of Science in Home Management and Housing/Consumer Economics and a Doctorate of Philosophy in Agricultural Education with and emphasis in Extension Education and Evaluation all from The Ohio State University. Dr. Boone worked 6 ½ years as a County Extension Agent serving as 4-H and Home Economics Agent in Marion County Kentucky. Dr. Debby Boone advisees both undergraduate and graduate students. Her research interests include youth life skill development, challenges and issues related to Extension agents and agricultural educators, 4-H members, leaders and community members. Dr. Boone is a member of the West Virginia University Faculty Senate and has served on a number of committees within the Davis College and WVU, including serving as the eCampus Point of Contact for Davis College faculty. Dr. Boone is very active in the American Association of Agricultural Educators at both the National and Regional levels.
- Boone, D. A., Anderson, E. H., Boone, H. N., & Woloshuk J. M. (2015). The Impact of 4-H Judging Team Participation on Career and Life Skills. Journal of the NACAA, 8(2).
- Boone, H. N., & Boone, D. A. (2012). Analyzing Likert data. Journal of Extension, 50(2).
- Boone, H. N. & Boone, D. A. (2009). An assessment of problems faced by high school agricultural education teachers. Journal of Agricultural Education, 50 (1).
- Boone, D. A., Boone, H. N., Reed, C., Gartin, S. A., & Woloshuk, J. M. (2006). Attitudes of Extension professionals toward involvement of special needs youth in 4-H programs. Journal of Extension, 44(6).
- Boone, H. N., & Boone, D. A. (2005). ABC’s of behavioral objectives – Putting them to work for evaluation. Journal of Extension, 43(5).