Associate Professor of Animal & Nutritional Sciences
Dr. Marlon Knights earned both a bachelor in science in agriculture and a master of science in tropical animal science from the University of the West Indies. His doctorate is from West Virginia University in the area of reproductive physiology. His areas of expertise are in animal science, dairy cattle, progesterone and small ruminants.
- Redhead AK, Siew N, Lambie N, Carnarvon D, Ramgattie R, Knights M (2018). The relationship between circulating concentration of AMH and LH content in the follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) preparations on follicular growth and ovulatory response to superovulation in water buffaloes. Anim Reprod. Sci. 188:66-73. doi: 10.1016/j.anireprosci.2017.11.010. Epub 2017 Nov
- Knights, M., and Singh-Knights, D. (2016). Use of Controlled Internal Drug Releasing (CIDR) Devices to Control Reproduction in Goats: A Review: Animal Science Journal. 87:1084-1089.
- M. L. Deacon, M.L., Knights, M. and Inskeep, E. K. (2015). Effects of photoperiodic manipulation on growth rate and ability to breed fall-born ewe lambs in spring. Sheep and Goat Research Journal.30: 30-35.
- Rastle-Simpson, S.L., D’Souza, K.N.D., Singh-Knights, D., Baptiste, Q., and Knights, M. (2015). Effect of system of lamb rearing and season on early postpartum fertility of ewes and growth performance of lambs in Katahdin sheep. Journal of Animal Physiology and Animal Nutrition: Version of Record online : 23 JUL 2016, DOI: 10.1111/jpn.12551.
- Knights, M., Redhead, A.K., D’Souza, K.N.D., S.L., and Baptiste, Q. (2015). Effect of stimulation with a gonadotropin mixture on reproductive outcome in nulliparous ewes bred during seasonal anestrus and early breeding season. Anim. Reprod. Sci. 159: 198-204.
- D’Souza, K.N.D., Rastle-Simpson, S.L., Redhead, A.K., Baptiste, Q., Smith, B. and Knights, M. (2014). Gonadotropin stimulation using P.G. 600® on reproductive success of non-lactating anestrous ewes. Anim. Reprod. Sci. 148: 115-120.
- Knights, M., Lambie, N., Ramgattie, N., Singh-Knights, D and Siew, N. (2014). Evaluation of Timed Artificial Insemination Protocols in Water Buffaloes in Proceedings of the Caribbean Food Crops Society. 49:322-331.