Associate Professor of Wood Science & Technology
Dr. Singh facilitates learning environment for knowledge, skill, and behavioral improvements
of students in the areas of bio-based energy systems, physical properties of wood
and other biological materials, and about human use of forest resources in America
from pre-Colombian times to the present.
Additionally, Dr. Singh’s research program is centered on developing innovative bioenergy solutions using thermochemical conversion technologies. Finally, the use of biomass and food-waste as a precursor for the manufacture of value-added highly activated microporous carbon products for adsorption and electrochemical application is being investigated.
- L.A. Poggi, K. Singh , Thermal degradation capabilities of modified bio-chars and fluid cracking catalyst (FCC) for acetic acid, Biomass and Bioenergy, 90 (2016) 243-251.
- F.U. Akharume, K. Singh , L. Sivanandan, Characteristics of apple juice and sugar infused fresh and frozen blueberries, LWT-Food Science and Technology, 73 (2016) 448-457.
- K. Singh, J. Zondlo, Co-processing coal and torrefied biomass during direct liquefaction, Journal of the Energy Institute, (2016). doi:10.1016/j.joei.2016.05.012
- K. Singh, J. Zondlo, Characterization of Fuel Properties for Coal and Torrefied Biomass Mixtures, Journal of the Energy Institute, (2016). doi:10.1016/j.joei.2016.05.012
- Jin, W., K. Singh , and J. Zondlo. 2015. Co-Processing of Pyrolysis Vapors with Bio-Chars for Ex-Situ Upgrading. Renewable Energy 83C: 638-645.