Teaching Assistant Professor of Biochemistry
Bremansu Osa Andrews is a teaching assistant professor in the Division of Animal
and Nutritional Sciences. He obtained his bachelor’s degree in biochemistry from
the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi-Ghana (2005). He has
a master’s degree in Clinical Chemistry (MPhil., Chemical Pathology, 2010) from the
University of Ghana, Korlebu-Ghana. He obtained his Ph.D. in biochemistry from South
Dakota State University (2018). Prior to joining WVU, he taught chemistry at Southeast
Technical Institute and biochemistry at Eastern Illinoi University. He had international
teaching experience as a clinical biochemistry faculty member at the University of
Ghana School of Medicine and Dentistry.
- Osa-Andrews B., Tan K. W., Sampson A., Iram S. H. Development of Novel Intramolecular FRET-Based ABC Transporter Biosensors to Identify New Substrates and Modulators. Pharmaceutics (10) 4 (2018) 186.
- Tan W. K., Sampson A. Osa-Andrews B., Iram H. S., Calcitriol and Calcipotriol Modulate Transport Activity of ABC Transporters and Exhibit Selective Cytotoxicity in MRP1 overexpressing Cells. Drug metabolism and disposition (2018) DOI: https//doi.org/10.1124/dmd.118.081612
- Peterson B. G., Tan K. W., Osa-Andrews B., Iram S. H. High-content screening of clinically tested anticancer drugs identifies novel inhibitors of human MRP1 (ABCC1). Pharmacological Research 119 (2017) 313–326.
- Osa-Andrews B., Asare-Anane H, Oppong S. Y, Nyarko A.K., Kpentey G., Tetteh J., Gyan B. A. Role of Circulating Endothelial Progenitor Cells in Micro Vascular Damage in Sickle Cell Patients; J Blood Disord Transfus 8(2017)4.
- Asare-Anane H., Bawah A.T., Osa-Andrews B., Adanu R., Ofori E. K., Bani S. A., Ateko R. O., Tagoe E. A., Nyarko A. K. Lipid Profile in Ghanaian Women with Gestational Diabetes Mellitus. International journal of scientific & technology research 2 (2013) 4.