The soil science minor is designed to introduce students to the relationships of soils to environmental protection and agricultural production. The proposed program would serve as a means to broaden and strengthen the backgrounds of students majoring in non-soils curricula within the Davis College as well as students majoring in biological, earth science, and environmental curricula in other WVU colleges.
A minimum of 15 hours of soil science courses with grades of C or better in each course is required.
Required courses (7 hours):
- AGRN 202: Principles of Soil Science
- AGRN 203: Principles of Soil Science Laboratory
- AGRN or ENVP 425: Environmental Soil Management
Minimum of 8 hours selected from the following courses:
- AGRN 125: Soil Judging
- AGRN 410: Soil Fertility
- AGRN 415: Soil Survey and Land Use
- AGRN 417: Soil Genesis and Classification
- AGRN or ENVM or ENVP 420: Soil Microbiology
- AGRN 430: Soil Physics
- AGRN or ENVP 455: Reclamation of Disturbed Soils